Once again it’s time to begin the process of nominating and electing individuals to serve on Covenant’s Leadership Team. Members of Covenant Church may nominate one or more persons to serve. You will find the nomination form below. The deadline for submitting nominations is October 29.
Please consider the following in submitting nominations:
Leadership Team’s Purpose:
- To prayerfully discern God’s will for the church.
- To define the vision and direction of the church.
- To oversee all ministries and functions of the church.
- To provide spiritual leadership/direction for ministries.
- To facilitate resolution of disagreements and conflicts, or spiritual recovery.
- To build a family atmosphere and provide opportunity for Christian fellowship.
- Member of regular attendance for at least one year.
- Godly and spiritual individual—”above reproach.”
- Show evidence of the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23): love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- Willing to cooperate, listen, learn, and grow in commitment to the church’s ministry.
- Paid church staff members other than the senior pastor are not eligible. (Find paid staff members listed under “Church Staff” in your bulletin.)
Once all nominations are collected, the list will be reviewed, and the Nominations Team will then contact all qualified nominees for their consent. The final slate of nominees will then be presented for voting at a special Church Conference following the 10:20 worship service on Sunday, November 19. On that Sunday, three persons will be elected to 3-year terms.
The following members of the Leadership Team are completing their terms of service this year and may not be nominated for 2018. However, they may be nominated again for 2019.
- Jeff McGary
- Lois Neidermyer
- Kristen Stemmer
Also, please do not nominate current Leadership Team members:
- Tom Buter
- Cindy Dale
- Phyllis Kepner
- Patrick Snyder
- Jeannine Spece
- Darwin Tyson
- Faye Zechman